Friday, February 04, 2011

SOUL MATE VALENTINE



This is a fun Valentine idea for that special someone.


SOUL MATE VALENTINE


MATERIALS:Insole (small)
Size 3 crochet thread
Size C (2.5 mm) crochet hook
1/8 inch hole punch
NOTES:1. Read instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. Depending upon how far apart your holes turn out you may need to ch 2 between the sc.
3. You may need to use you own judgment about how many sts to skip between the 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dcs.
4. On the curves of the toe and heel use your own judgment, I didn’t skip a sc on those curves.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Prep the insole:

The package I bought is from Kmart and included a template for different sizes. If your insole is like mine you will need to trim it to the smallest size.

On the wrong side, with a pencil, lightly draw a line about 1/4 inch from the edge. Then punch holes every quarter inch just on the line.



Crocheting the edging:
Round 1:
Attach thread with a sc in one of the holes. *Ch 1, sc in next hole. Repeat from * around. Join in the first sc with a slipstitch.



Round 2: Ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same stitch. *Skip one sc, 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in next sc. Repeat from * around. On the curves of the toe and heel use your own judgment, I didn’t skip a sc on those curves. Join with a slipstitch in the top of the beginning ch 3.

Fasten off and weave in the ends.

Write your message on the insole with a permanent marker.

U R MY SOUL MATE

YOU ARE MY SOUL MATE

YOU ARE MY SOLE MATE

I LOVE U HEART AND SOUL

I LOVE YOU HEART AND SOUL

I LOVE YOU HEART AND SOLE

Comments:
This is soooooo cute!!!! I think I'll make one up for each of my parents. Being able to buy "soles" at the dollar store will make this a fun and inexpensive way to say I love you heart and SOLE!!!! lol
 
Love your site! You have so many cool patterns. I'll be coming back here often.
 
I love your site and I have saved many of your patterns.
Thanks for your generosity.
Take care
Julia
 
This would make a great sole for a pair of slippers
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?